Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) describes techniques used to increase the traffic a website receives via search engines such as Google or Bing. By adhering to industry accepted best practices I can make your site highly visible to search engines, improving its ranking and increasing the chances of customers finding you.
When creating a new site SEO is considered from the start of the project, rather than as an extra to be added once complete. However, SEO can also be applied to existing sites.
I do not use the following SEO techniques, as any benefits are short-lived and can result in a site being banned from search engines.
- Automatically generated content containing search keywords.
- Any schemes designed to manipulate a site’s ranking on search engines. These include buying and selling links to boost ranking, excessive link exchanging, and using automated services to generate links.
- Scraping content from other sources to increase the number of pages on a site.
- Adding hidden text or links to pages.
- Adding irrelevant keywords to pages.
- Pointless affiliate programs.